- Powhiri starts at 10.30a.m although the manuhiri could possibly arrive around 10.15.
- Our manuhiri have quite a tight schedule so please be at Tamatekapua by 10a.m if possible. Have included a brief outline of their itinerary for the morning.
The aim of the visit is to provide opportunities for Heads of Mission to gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the economic drivers of this region and connect with business, local government and Iwi leaders. The overall theme for the visit is ‘Business aspirations for the future – the importance of the international marketplace for Rotorua and the surrounding region’.
7 JUNE 2012
Arrival in Rotorua
- 9.00am: The dedicated coach will collect Heads of Mission staying at the Amora Lake Resort Hotel and drive to the airport to await the arrival of the participants flying in fromAuckland and Wellington.
- 9.30am: Arriving members of the delegation will be met at the airport and directed to the coach for boarding.
- 10.00am: Briefing and introductions on the coach. Depart for Tama Te Kapua marae, the ancestral house of the Iwi Ngati Whakaue for a traditional welcome or powhiri.
- 10.15am: Members of the diplomatic corps are welcomed to Rotorua at Tama Te Kapua marae.
The powhiri will be followed by 15-minute presentations from the local council and Iwi:
- 11.50am: Board the bus and depart Tama Te Kapua for ‘Te Puia’.